Business of Baking: Basics 101
Cookie Decorating Basics Class
Learn to make amazing, decorated cookies for your own parties or take your first steps to starting your own custom cookie business.
2 sessions 2 hours each : March 27th 6:30 -8:30 pm and April 3rd 6:30 - 8:30 pm
What you learn:
· Royal icing consistencies
o How to make different consistencies for different techniques
o How to color royal icing
o How to bag royal icing
o Types of bags, tips or no tips
o Different types of icing used in decorating sugar cookies
o Learn to flood like the TikTok influencers
o Wet on Wet technique and when to use it
o Add some details
· Storage Tips
· Packaging Tips and Tricks
· Baking and Rolling Tips and Tricks
What You Will Receive To Keep:
· Reusable practice cookie
· Starter icing bags
· Three Gel colors for class
· Royal Icing recipe
· Class book with space for notetaking
· One cookie cutter
Will we make cookies in class?
Not in this class, however, I will give you a reusable cookie to practice on and a cookie cutter that you can use to make a few cookies to bring to the second class for more practice.
Will we make royal icing in class?
I will provide the royal icing in the first class and we will make different consistencies and colors together in class. For the second class, you will bring your own royal icing and we will practice making different consistencies and colors together again.
What do I need to bring to class?
For the first class, I will provide everything you need. For the second class, you should bring to class:
· Class book
· Reusable cookie or a few cookies made with the cookie cutter provided on day one
· Royal icing that has not been separated out into consistencies and colors
· Tipless icing bags
· Your spatula, bowls, and cup for mixing and bagging icing
· A container to lay your cookies flat for transport home
Outlines and Floods
What to bring next week
Outline and Flood
Baking and Rolling Tips
Add Details to cookies